On February 24, 2017, parties settled in the case captioned as Robert Parker et al. v. Erie Insurance et al. Case No. 2016 CV 02780, pending in the Montgomery Common Pleas Court. It is a personal injury case and our firm represented a defendant. Plaintiffs alleged bodily injuries, such as back injuries, from a car accident. We reviewed extensive medical records. After depositions and mediation, parties were able to settle the case before the trial. Our client only needed to pay a nominal amount of money. The client is very satisfied with the result.
Every personal injury case is different. The value of your claim depends on many factors. Some are concrete, such as medical bills and lost wages. Others are harder to determine, such as pain and suffering.
In this area, we represented both Plaintiff and Defendant in the past. When you hire us to pursue your claim, we will go over every detail of your case to make the best possible estimate of how much compensation you should receive for your injuries. In general, relevant factors that determine the amount of a settlement demand include:
- The nature of your injuries
- The extent of your injuries
- What medical treatment you have received and will need in the future
- How much time you lost from work or will lose in the future
- Whether you have suffered emotional distress
- Whether your familial relationships are affected by your injuries
- Whether you have suffered any disability as a result of your injuries
- Whether you have been disfigured by your injuries
- How much evidence to support your claim
- How much insurance is available to compensate you for your injuries
- Whether you shared any responsibility in causing your injuries
Most personal injury cases end with settlement. Thus a lawyer skilled in settlement is critical to your success. If no agreement can be reached, we will proceed with a lawsuit or trial. In either scenario, our vigorous approach will ensure an ultimate success of your claim.
If we represent defendant in a personal injury case, we will try to minimize the damage. Whether prosecuting or defending, we put the same effort to get the best result for you. If you want a competent law firm to handle your injury case, please contact us. The first consultation is free.