Expansion is the trademark of a healthy business, and we at Lei Jiang Law Firm understand your need to grow. Our attorneys provide counsel and guidance in creating, managing, licensing, protecting and enforcing franchised business relationships, product distribution systems, and dealership networks. Lei Jiang Law Firm is experienced in helping franchisors, manufacturers and suppliers form and maintain relationships with franchisees, distributors and dealers through which they can continue providing consumer products and services to the public on a regional, national and international basis. Moreover, as a local Cleveland and Northeast Ohio law firm, we are acutely aware of the business environment and risks that our local clients face on a daily basis, and can help them prepare accordingly.
Whether you are looking to franchise your business, buy a franchise or are having problems with an existing franchise or franchisor, Lei Jiang Law Firm can help meet your unique needs. Our experienced attorneys can offer a ranger of services to help your business leap into a higher level.
Representation of Franchisors
Attorneys at Lei Jiang Law Firm have experience representing franchisors. Our areas of expertise include:
- The formation, expansion through acquisitions and joint ventures, and divestiture of franchise systems;
- Guidance on marketing and distribution agreements;
- Franchise sales law compliance and monitoring of legislative and judicial developments;
- Dispute resolution (including mediation, arbitration, litigation and bankruptcy);
- Representation in regulatory actions;
- Enforcement of franchisee contract, including maintenance of quality standards, reporting duties, and restrictive covenants;
- Protection and licensing of trademarks, service marks, and trade secrets (for more information see our IP practice).
Representation of Franchisees
We also help franchisees to achieve workable approaches in their relationships with franchisors. Lei Jiang Law Firm handles business matters for franchisees, including review of franchise disclosure documents and offers, and the creation of business entities for franchisee clients. Determining the right business entity for your new franchise is crucial, since it will determine your legal rights and liabilities as a business owner, and will also determine how your business is taxed. The attorneys at Lei Jiang Law Firm will also make sure that you understand all disclosure documents. We also provide business counseling on leases and other commercial matters.
We can help you to develop a marketable concept to make the leap from local owners to nation-wide franchisors. If this is your dream, do not hesitate to contact us.