Our law firm handles international patents for clients. In addition, we assist in the acquisition and management of patents, trademarks, and copyrights. We help customers to obtain international patent protection and seize international opportunities and markets.
International patent application process:
- Patent applicants must submit a PCT application for an international patent to Lei Jiang Law Firm within one year of applying for a Chinese patent, or they can ask us to directly submit an international application, but they must submit a Chinese patent at the same time as the international patent application.
- Patent applicants can send application materials to Lei Jiang Law Firm by mail or other means, and we will provide services according to different requirements of applicants. Our patent attorneys will pre-search the application materials and inform the applicant of the results of the pre-search.
- The patent applicant reaches an agreement with our law firm, formally commission our law firm to apply for an international patent, signs the engagement contract and pays the corresponding fees.
- After our law firm receives the engegement contract signed by the patent applicant and related fees, we will start the application process. Patent applicants need to prepare documents and drawings about their inventions for further discussion with lawyers. Our law firm also provides translation and other related services, and the fees are calculated separately.
- We then conduct a more comprehensive search of similar patents. According to the results of the search, our law firm will provide a detailed patent application scope and other relevant information. The applicant can modify the patent application based on this information, and then our law firm will prepare the documents for the patent application.
- Once the documents are completed, our law firm will submit them to the patent applicant for review. After confirming all the contents, the patent applicant needs to sign the documents, which means that he agrees to submit the application documents to the International Patent Office through our law firm.
- Our firm immediately submits the application documents to the International Patent Office and obtain an international patent filing date for patent applicants.
- The International Patent Office accepts the application materials, conducts a formal examination of the patent application materials, and provides written opinions. Our law firm will communicate with the patent applicant in a timely manner and provide feedback. If the applicant wants the International Patent Office to conduct a comprehensive review (Demand Phase), the fee will be calculated separately. Applicants can consider and choose whether they want a comprehensive review by the International Patent Office.
- If the applicant wishes to apply for a US patent, our law firm can handle it for the applicant too. See the US patent application web page for details.